Browse by Product
What is Auto-MDIX?
FAQ ID: 8 Product: SwitchesUpdated:1/11/2005 3:52:09 PM
Auto-MDIX describes a Switch's port that connects to other networking devices with either a straight through CAT5 cable or a cross-over CAT 5 cable. Since the TE100-S16/24/32plus support Auto-MDIX for all ports, you can use either a cross-over cable or a straight-through cable to connect with other Switches, computers or other networking devices.
- Are TRENDnet switches capable of running 10Mbps or 100Mbps?
- What are the benefits of using switches in a network?
- Cut-Through and Store-and-Forward
What is the difference between "cut-through" and "store-and-forward" methods?
- What can I do if more ports are needed on the switch?
- How do I get full-duplex connection?
No attachments found.