Browse by Product
What is the advantage of using a full-duplex connection?
FAQ ID: 354 Product: SwitchesUpdated:2/4/2005 8:52:58 PM
At first glance, the advantage of a full-duplex operation seems marginal because most workstations seem to receive much more traffic than they transmit; the "additional" channel will be idle much of the time. However, a lot of invisible acknowledgement and housekeeping traffic occurs on most networks, therefore, if the added cost of full-duplex network cards and Switches is not high then the investment may be worthwhile.
- Are TRENDnet switches capable of running 10Mbps or 100Mbps?
- What are the benefits of using switches in a network?
- Cut-Through and Store-and-Forward
What is the difference between "cut-through" and "store-and-forward" methods?
- What can I do if more ports are needed on the switch?
- How do I get full-duplex connection?
No attachments found.