Top 5 reasons to consider Powerline to extend your home network
Powerline 500 AV Adapter
TPL-401E (Version v1.0R)
- Up to 500Mbps** networking speeds from electrical outlet
- High performance Gigabit Ethernet port
- Seamlessly stream HD videos, play games online, and download media files
- Use one to transmit and up to 15* TPL-401Es to receive a networked signal
- Advanced 128-bit AES data encryption
The Powerline 500 AV Adapter, model TPL-401E, uses any electrical outlet to create a building-wide high speed network. Connect one adapter to your network and plug another adapter into any outlet on your electrical system for instant high speed network access. Connect adapters quickly using the convenient one-touch Sync button. Use up to 16* adapters to network devices in different rooms without running new cabling.
A Gigabit Ethernet port maintains high performance wired connections. Manage each Powerline adapter on your network with the included Windows utility. LED displays convey device status for easy troubleshooting. This adapter is ideal for use in buildings that interfere with wireless networking signals.
- High speed building-wide networking over an existing electrical system
- 1 x 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-MDIX Gigabit port
- Connect one Powerline AV Adapter to the Internet and then plug in up to 15* additional Powerline AV adapters for instant building-wide connectivity
- One-touch Sync button networks adapters quickly
- Windows-based powerline configuration utility
- Share data intensive files, play games, download music, and more at ultra fast data transfer rates
- Advanced 128-bit AES encryption
- Power Saving mode reduces electrical consumption by 80%
- Neighbor network support for up to 4 overlapping networks
- Tri-color LED indicator
- Network signal transmits up to 300 meters (984ft.)
- Auto QoS support through traffic classification and multiple priority queuing
- Configuration utility compatible with Windows® 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- 3-year limited warranty
* Maximum of 16 adapters (nodes) recommended for streaming video across your network. Additional adapters may decrease performance.** 500Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate. Actual throughput will vary depending on environment.*** Networked Powerline devices need to be plugged into power outlets that are on the same electrical system.**** GFCI outlets and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals.
|Utility OS Compatibility|
|Overlapping Powerline Networks|
|Dimension (L x W X H)|
** 500Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate. Actual throughput will vary depending on environment.
*** Networked Powerline devices need to be plugged into power outlets that are on the same electrical system.
**** GFCI outlets and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals.
TRENDnet DIY: Connecting an Internet TV with Powerline
New to Networking: Introduction to Powerline