The 56K USB Phone/Internet/Fax Modem, model TFM-561U, connects computers to the Internet using a dial up telephone connection. This compact modem offers advanced communications functionality, compati-bility with Windows and Linux operating systems, and compliance with most dial up Internet Service Provider networks. Only one phone line is needed for both Internet access and telephone calls* the NetWaiting feature screens incoming telephone calls while online and maintains an Internet connection when calls are answered using your regular telephone.
The modem is powered by the connected computer with no external power source required. Software features include a programmable telephone book with speed dial entries; a fax utility that supports scheduled and group faxes; and transmission and reception logbooks that record all activities.
- Compatible with most dial up Internet service providers
- Connect your laptop or desktop computer to a dial up Internet connection
- Up to 56Kbps data download speed and 48Kbps data upload speed
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- 1 x RJ-11 telephone port
- USB bus powered with no external power source required
- Supports V.44 and V.92 Quick Connect, PCM Upstream and NetWaiting Modem on Hold**
- V.22 protocol support is well suited for POS and ATM transactions
- V.92 support reduces dial up connection time
- Supports: ITU-T:V.92, V.90, V.34, V.32(bis), V.22(bis) , V.21, Bell 212A, Bell 103
- Supports MNP5, V.42bis, and V.44 data compression standards
- Driver: Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Linux
- Utilities: Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000
- Low power consumption
- LED status indicators
- 3-year limited warranty
* Requires an RJ-11 (telephone line) splitter when sharing one line for both internet and telephone use (connect your computer and telephone to the RJ-11 splitter).
** Netwaiting application requires call-waiting service from your phone provider and V.92 connection from your ISP.