The Powerline 500 AV Adapter Kit, model TPL-401E2K, uses any electrical outlet to create a secure building-wide high speed network. Connect one of the included adapters to your network, and plug the other in to any outlet on your electrical system for instant high speed network access.
Connect the included adapters quickly using the convenient one-touch Sync button. Use up to 16* adapters to network devices in different rooms without running new cabling.
A Gigabit Ethernet port on each adapter maintains high performance wired connections. Manage the Powerline adapters with the included Windows utility. LED displays convey device status for easy troubleshooting. Advanced 128-bit AES encryption secures your network. The included adapters are ideal for use in buildings that interfere with wireless networking signals.
- Includes two TPL-401E adapters
- High speed building-wide networking over an existing electrical system
- 1 x 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-MDIX Gigabit port
- Connect one 500Mbps** Powerline AV Adapter to the Internet and then plug in up to 15* additional 500Mbps** Powerline AV adapters for instant building-wide connectivity
- One-touch Sync button networks adapters quickly
- Share data intensive files, play games, download music, and more at ultra fast data transfer rates
- Advanced 128-bit AES encryption to ensure total network security
- Power Saving mode reduces electrical consumption by 80%
- Neighbor network support for up to 4 overlapping networks
- Compatible with both 120 volt and 240 volt electrical systems
- Tri-color LED indicator
- Network signal transmits up to 300 meters (984ft.)
- Auto QoS support through traffic classification and multiple priority queuing
- Optional management utility compatible with Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Vista (32/64-bit), and XP (32/64-bit) operating systems
- 3-year limited warranty
* Maximum of 16 adapters (nodes) recommended for streaming video across your network. Additional adapters may decrease performance.
** 500Mbps is the maximum theoretical Powerline data rate. Actual throughput will vary depending on environment.
*** Networked Powerline devices need to be plugged into power outlets that are on the same electrical system.
**** GFCI outlets and AFCI circuit breakers may degrade Powerline network signals.