TRENDnet provides toll free (U.S. and Canada Only) English phone support 24 hours a day for any new TRENDnet product up until 1 year after a product has been discontinued. TRENDnet’s Help Desk Ticket system is available for the life of the TRENDnet product. Our support team will respond to every Help Desk Ticket in the order it was received. While TRENDnet is unable to give free networking advice on all subject matters, we do offer a Premium Phone Support service to answer almost all your network needs at a very reasonable price.
Free support is limited to:
- Basic Installation
- Installing a TRENDnet product in the environment that it was intended to operate
- Hardware and driver installation
- Basic product configuration
- Verifying installation and network connectivity
- Support for defects while product is under warranty – If a test of a product proves defective, then an RMA will be issued, so that the product can be exchanged for another. Troubleshooting is required prior to issuing an RMA, which will most likely include the following
- Check cables to ensure they are securely fastened
- Check the power supply
- Check LEDs if they are properly lit, blinking, or non-existent
- Run a “ping” test to see whether your device is connected to the network
- Run a diagnostic test on the device
- Check the device for conflicts in the Windows Device Manager
- Additional Resources: Tech Support may direct customers to resources for any issue which includes:
- Knowledgebase articles: These articles contain information on all TRENDnet products and can be found from searching for the product on the TRENDnet Support page. Knowledgebase base articles will contain information on all TRENDnet products, including products that have been discontinued.
- Alternate vendor: If a TRENDnet tech support deems a non-TRENDnet equipment to be responsible for the issue at hand.
- Premium Support: TRENDnet’s Premium Support also provides a wide range of basic and networking issues and also covers discontinued TRENDnet products.