|Top 10 Home Tips:
- Use TRENDnet Energy Star or GREENnet certified networking solutions to save electricity.
- Always turn off your computer or place it in sleep mode.
- Long-term savings tip: consider buying a laptop, they use less energy than desktop computers.
- Recycle when possible.
- Be sure to turn off all lights, televisions and radios when leaving a room. You may consider installing timers, photo cells or occupancy sensors to reduce the amount of time your lights are on.
- In the average home, 75% of the electricity used to power home electronics is consumed while the products are turned off. Unplug charging devises such as cell phones and iPod's when not in use.
- Set your thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter and as high as is comfortable in the summer.
- Save energy by minimizing or eliminating air conditioner use in the hot summer months. Keep windows closed during the day and open at night, allowing the house to cool off naturally in the hot summer months.
- Save energy in the winter by minimizing the use of heaters. Aim to keep the house at 70 degrees.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater; water heaters sometimes come from the factory with high temperature settings. A setting of 120°F provides comfortable hot water for most uses.
|Top 10 Office Tips:
- Use Energy Star certified electronics in your office and reduce power consumption by up to 30%.
- Make your network "Green" by using TRENDNnet's GREENnet power saving switches and reduce your power consumption by up to 70%.
- There is a common misconception that screen savers reduce monitor electricity consumption — they do not. Automatic switching to sleep mode or manually turning monitors off is always the best energy saving strategy.
- Ensure minimal lighting is left on during off hours. You may consider installing light timers, photo cells or occupancy sensors.
- Instruct employees to turn off computers or place them in standby mode before leaving.
- Participate in companywide recycling programs for paper, plastics, batteries, print cartridges, neon lighting and food waste.
- Reduce printing and paper consumption by using soft copy online manuals
- Provide employees with reusable coffee mugs rather than disposable paper or Styrofoam cups.
- Encourage employees to carpool or use public transit.
- Get involved - coordinate company participation in local "green" community activities.